and working with WESTERNS, on a Mac, a PC, or a S5 Psion.
You should have found the western movie database in
a zip-compressed format.
The database is delivered in .txt (database), .xls (Excel)or FileMaker (database) format.
what you should get on your PC after installing WESTERNS :
- The .TXT format is
an easily importable one, while precising 'Tabulation"
in the option menu.
This format can easily be imported in a
newly created sheet in any basic Datasheet program (Excel
for instance) or in a new file created with a Database
program (FileMaker, Access, or the free Base software from OpenOffice.org, etc.).
- The .xls format opens directly with Excel.
- If you already have the FileMaker software,
you can download the demo version of WESTERNS directly in the FileMaker (V.7) format.
- Those who do not have this FileMaker software can download a trial version of the latest FileMaker V.11 for Mac or PC (Mac OSX , and Windows 2000 & XP) on the FileMaker site.
- When you have the software installed, "open" my
Template (V.7) (expanded of course with the appropriate utility).
then "Import" my WESTERN.TXT file (also expanded), specifying Tab format,
- or download the demo version of WESTERNS directly in the FileMaker (V.7) format.
Here you are... enjoy, and adapt it to your
needs and tastes.
For those who can't use my FileMaker
(V.7) template or the FileMaker demo, or who would like to make up your
own template for the use of the database, here is a list of fields to
be created in any database software, before importing the WESTERNS
- Original Title
- French Title :
- Director :
- Color / Format :
- Year / Country :
- Seen * times / Producer :
- Actors :
- Actresses :
- Notes :
- Scenario :
- Based on :
- Cinematographer :
- Musical score :
- DVD :
Old western movie and B western movie, TV westerns and spaghetti westerns,
western movie stars and western movie actors
If you have bought the complete file
(10 € only !), please keep separetely the original WESTERNS
file in .TXT format, in case you have made a mistake during import and
want to start again from scratch.